Name: Ray De Lorenzi
Title: Senior VP
Time with CLS: 4+ years
1. In your career, what is the best advice you’ve been given?
Don’t make the same mistake twice.
2. What would you tell yourself if you could go back and give yourself advice on your first day at CLS?
Try the fish sub from the luncheonette outside the loading dock. It took almost two years before I learned about that place. And the fish sub is delicious! Unfortunately, hasn’t been the same since new management took over earlier this year.
3. If you weren’t in the PR industry, what would you be doing?
Let’s just say I’m thankful I found my calling.
4. How has the PR industry changed since you began your career?
Speed. Reporters will ask for comment on a story with a deadline of minutes instead of hours. Commentary – sometimes informed and often not – about breaking news events hits social channels immediately and shapes the subsequent debate. It reinforces the importance of scenario planning and preparedness; otherwise you will always be playing catch up.
5. What has been a highlight moment in your career with CLS thus far?
Our efforts that led to a landmark settlement for thousands of retired NFL players suffering from the long-term effects of concussive head impacts.
6. What is your favorite quote?
“You come at the king, you best not miss.” --Omar in The Wire.
7. Team Taylor or Team Katy?
Taylor. Close call though, no disrespect to Katy.
8. What was the last movie you saw?
O.J.: Made in America.
9. What would be the theme song of your life?
You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon
10. Which superpower would you choose: the ability to fly, time travel, or invisibility?
Time travel. It’s like a real-life undo function.