CLS Strategies, a Washington, D.C.-based public affairs and strategic communications firm, is currently seeking applicants for a Managing Associate position.
CLS Strategies serves a range of clients – including Fortune 100 corporations, trade associations, foreign governments, international organizations and non-profits. Some are in the midst of regulatory and legislative challenges, or high-stakes litigation. Others are facing government investigations, reputational, or competitive threats. Most of our clients choose CLS because they have a terrific story to tell and wish to affect change, yet need help finding their voice, raising the saliency of their message, and engaging and persuading target audiences. All are looking for creative solutions at the intersection of politics, public policy and communications. That’s where the team at CLS Strategies comes in, and where we thrive.
Responsibilities of Managing Associate include:
- Contributing to strategic planning and account execution for clients
- Assisting in the day-to-day management and client reporting for multiple account teams
- Managing specific projects and work streams for multiple account teams
- Drafting op-eds, talking points, memos, social media content and other communications materials
- Pitching stories, establish / cultivate media relationships, organize press events and other media relations activities
- Supporting firm leadership in business development, including writing proposals and participating in pitches
Qualifications: Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Candidates must possess strong writing and research skills, experience in media relations, and ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Four to seven years of experience in journalism, political campaigns, on Capitol Hill, a PR agency, or association is the kind of background that helps an application stand out.
CLS Strategies offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer-subsidized medical/dental insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Optional Life and AD&D Benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Gym membership
- And much more
If you thrive on the challenge of finding solutions to complex challenges and want to join our team, please apply by clicking the button below, and don't forget to attach your resume.