CLS Strategies, a Washington, D.C.-based mid-sized strategic communications firm is currently seeking applicants for Managing Director.
CLS Strategies serves a range of clients focusing on public affairs, crisis and legal issues, and international matters. Our clients include Fortune 100 corporations, trade associations, foreign governments, international organizations and non-profits. Some are in the midst of regulatory and legislative challenges, or high-stakes litigation. Others are facing government investigations or reputational threats. Many of the firm’s clients come from the financial services, healthcare, and technology sectors. All are looking for creative solutions at the intersection of politics, public policy and communications.
Responsibilities of a Managing Director include:
• Manage activity workflow for multiple client teams – we place a high bar on high quality work product delivered on time
• Assist the agency leader (partner) or Senior Vice President in driving client account teams and in meeting the client objectives
• Support the firm’s business development, specifically through assisting with assigned opportunities
• Manage and participate in client work, ranging from media relations, alliance development, coalition and campaign management, digital strategy, and content development.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in public affairs, political, corporate or crisis communications, are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly. Candidates must possess prior experience in managing communications at another agency, company, association, on Capitol Hill, or something similar. This experience should include a range of managing campaigns and team member deliverables, media relations, op-ed writing and placement, digital and social media strategy, budgeting, and more.
CLS Strategies offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Incentives for new business generation
• Employer-subsidized medical/dental insurance
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Optional Life and AD&D Benefits
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Paid holidays
• Employee stock purchase plan
• Gym membership
• And much more
If you thrive on the challenge of finding solutions to complex challenges and want to join our team, please send your resume to email@example.com with “MD” in the subject line. Visit www.clsstrategies.com for more information
CLS Strategies. We don’t just raise the issue. We raise the game.